Hi, I'm jazzhands, and welcome to vegetablog. Here you will find reviews of vegetarian and vegan foods, a recipe or two, and maybe some occasional on- or off-topic discussion about other things I hope my readers might find interesting or useful. All posts are tagged for easier browsing. Please feel free to comment on any post (even the old ones) and/or take a poll. Thanks for visiting! :)

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Nature's Burger Mix, Take 2

So yesterday I gave the Nature's Burger Mix a second try. I incorporated some of the ideas I got from the first experiment. I threw some frozen veggies in my food processor (carrots, green beans, corn, peas, bell peppers), then mixed that with some vegetarian vegetable broth. I used that instead of water to make the dough. I also added some ground black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. From both experiences with this product, I've found that mixing exactly equal parts of liquid and powder mix results in a dough that is too wet; I had to add extra mix a little at a time to get a firm, moldable dough.

The result: definitely better flavor. The sesame flavor was still very strong, but not quite so overpowering. As I suspected, the patty didn't hold together quite as well with the extra ingredients, but it wasn't a huge problem. I think some more experimentation is in order, but it looks promising.

No comments: