Hi, I'm jazzhands, and welcome to vegetablog. Here you will find reviews of vegetarian and vegan foods, a recipe or two, and maybe some occasional on- or off-topic discussion about other things I hope my readers might find interesting or useful. All posts are tagged for easier browsing. Please feel free to comment on any post (even the old ones) and/or take a poll. Thanks for visiting! :)

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Hello again, fellow food adventurers!

Sorry I've been away so long, but life keeps getting in the way...

I've started paying a lot more attention to my diet over the past year or so. With so many people around me developing various food intolerances and digestive disorders, wanting to get healthier and in better shape, and starting a nutrition class last week, I find myself looking at food in a very different way than I used to. I scrutinize food labels and ingredient lists even more than before. I think about whether the food I'm about to eat is going to be beneficial to me in any way or if I just want it for comfort or pleasure, and whether I could make a better choice.

I still continue to try new vegetarian products as I find them (and there have been a lot of new ones in the past couple years, yay!). I like to think that by doing so, it helps encourage the companies to keep putting out these new products. I'm especially pleased to find so many new products from Gardein, my current favorite meat replacement. All of their products are vegan, use non-GMO soy, and are addictively delicious! While I've tried a number of their frozen offerings, my favorite continues to be their Seven Grain Crispy Tenders.

I would like to get back to reviewing products, making restaurant suggestions, and just trying to blog more often over the next few months. If there's a topic or product you'd like me to cover, feel free to leave a comment here!

No comments: