Hi, I'm jazzhands, and welcome to vegetablog. Here you will find reviews of vegetarian and vegan foods, a recipe or two, and maybe some occasional on- or off-topic discussion about other things I hope my readers might find interesting or useful. All posts are tagged for easier browsing. Please feel free to comment on any post (even the old ones) and/or take a poll. Thanks for visiting! :)

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Changes

Over the past couple weeks, I've been doing a lot of research about what's in our food and where it comes from. Because of the very disturbing information I'm learning, I've been making a lot of changes in my diet. Specifically, I'm working toward eliminating genetically modified foods and their derivatives from my diet, and I would strongly urge others to do their own research on the subject.

And because I've been making a lot of dietary changes, the nature and content of this blog will be changing somewhat. I promise I'll try not to get too preachy, but I do feel very strongly about all of this, and am deeply concerned.

If you are interested -- and I really feel that food safety and quality is something everyone should be interested in because it affects us all -- here are a few links to get you started in your research:

Institute for Responsible Technology
The Non-GMO Project
Organic Consumers: Monsanto
Organic Consumers
Say No to GMOs
The Very Real Danger of Genetically Modified Foods (The Atlantic)
Top 10 Dangers of Genetically Modified Food
Dangers of High Fructose Corn Syrup (Huffington Post)

Good luck out there.

Your friend in food,
jazzhands

No comments: